মঙ্গলবার, ২০ নভেম্বর, ২০১২

New Amp Electrical Issues - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

Hey guys. I've had this Rockford Fosgate Punch 601s amp sitting in my trunk for literally months, and I finally got around to installing it today (shame). It's powering my Alpine Type-R 6.5in. components up front.

After a long day of blood, sweat, and tears, everything is finally hooked up and put back together, and I'm ready to start setting my gains (It has the separate left and right gain settings). So I turn on the car and have at it. I should mention that, like an idiot, I didn't actually turn on the engine, just accessories. I know, I know I have no problems for a good ten minutes or so, when suddenly my Alpine components cut out completely. If it helps you diagnose, this was right before a big bass part, and the volume seemed fairly close to max. I turned down the volume, and they started up again. Realizing my mistake, I pause the music and try to start my car. But as I turn the key, all the lights flicker, and the starter doesn't even turn over.

I hooked up the battery charger and let it be for a while. When I come back, it starts up with no problems, and I continue tuning with the engine running. But the speakers still cut out occasionally, and I can see my interior lights dim very slightly with every note.

Have I set the gain wrong? Do I need a new battery (is it normal for it to have died completely after 10-15 minutes of music with no engine?)? Do I need a capacitor, even though it's just a 150RMSx2 amp? Is there something else I've missed? What would you do?

Additional information: Speakers are rated at 110RMS, and it's all running off of an Alpine CDE-123.

Source: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/general-car-audio-discussion/139686-new-amp-electrical-issues.html

us open tennis aaliyah Empire State Building shooting Republican National Convention Karlie Redd guild wars 2 adrian gonzalez

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন