বৃহস্পতিবার, ৪ এপ্রিল, ২০১৩

My (Health & Fitness Product) Loves

I?m caught up in a love triangle and I couldn?t be more committed to my two loves. This marks our one year anniversary, and since I allowed them into my life, we?ve practically spent every day together and they?ve really helped me with my health and fitness routines. I?m talking about my single serve blender, and my exercise floor mat. As I started a new year and new resolutions, I saw these two products and figured they?d help. Oh.my.goodness ? BEST investments I?ve ever made!

I?ve introduced other friends to these two wonders, and those who have tried either one or both have thanked me ? so I figured if I can share the beauty and benefits of these two with my friends and family, why not share them with my new Athleta family.

Smoothie Time!My Blender. What I LOVE about this blender is that it?s single serve. I?m not going to say which brand I have as I don?t want it to come across that I?m speaking on behalf of?Athleta?as promoting a single brand, but what I will say is that I?ve seen two options ? one that retails for around $80, and a?similar?one, with maybe not as many components, that retails for about $20. I?m a single mom on a budget, so let me just say my $20 one has served me quite well through its almost 365 day usage. I LOVE smoothies. Just some fruit, some ice, some juice and VOILA, instant drinkable yumminess! When I lived in New Jersey, I?d get one from my gym?s juice bar each time I taught classes. Although I had a blender at home, it was one of those ?pitcher type? blenders so I?d always be left with excess. Well, fast forward to last year when I found myself in Maryland, without my gym?s juice bar and my pitcher type blender, and a hankering to keep my new year healthy with a daily serving of fresh fruits.

This particular blender caught my eye because I could smoothie it up and take my smoothies on the go ? all in a single serving cup. The blender package also came with smaller cups so my kids could have smoothies as well, without wasting. Because I?m on a budget, I only buy frozen fruit when it?s on sale. Otherwise, I wait for produce section berries to go on sale and when they do, I LOAD up! I rinse them off, let them dry, pack them in freezer bags, and load my freezer. Thanks to the frozen berries, I don?t need ice for my smoothies. They add just the right amount of sweet chill. Also, a bit of vanilla protein powder post workout helps to not only make my smoothies creamy, but helps my muscles to recover a lot more quickly. I LOVE my blender and from the way it keeps giving me yummy smoothies day after day, I know it loves me back!

My exercise mat. When last year?s resolution brought me face to face with an at-home DVD workout program, I started feeling issues in one of my knees. I ended up having to modify many of the more high impact moves of the program because my knee seemed to be paying the price ? and I learned later that knee issues were common with those who were following this particular program. When the kids and I had to move into a new townhouse, I continued the program but didn?t want my massive sweating to mess up the hardwood flooring ? so I invested in one of those puzzle piece exercise mats that allows you to decide the size of your exercise area. BEST investment for my knee!! The cushioning lessened the impact of many of those moves felt by my knee and I was able to fully do the workout without pain! Score! Because I do my workouts daily, I have no time to continually take up and put down my mat, so in my living room it stays. My friends and I laugh because, unlike many living rooms that feature a nice?Persian?rug or throw rug, mine features a nice exercise mat. But I don?t care. I LOVE my mat and, from the way it keeps my knee?pain-free, I know it loves me back!

Mat

And there you have it ? my love triangle that has brought me happiness, and has added to my workouts. If you decide to try one or both, I hope they bring you just as much happiness. So, is there a piece of health and fitness related equipment that has brought you much joy ? one of those ?best investments I?ve ever made? that you?d like to share? As much as my blender and mat love me, I?m sure they wouldn?t mind making our little love triangle into a square ? or even a circle if there are lots of cool products out there I?ve yet to discover.

SANDY SANDERS is an avid fitness enthusiast, a mother of two, and a woman fueled by her desire to live life without regrets. ?There are two types of regrets in life ? regretting having done something and regretting having not done something?? more ?

Source: http://www.athleta.net/2013/04/04/my-health-fitness-product-loves/

Jason London coachella rick ross yahoo finance iOS 6.1 BlackBerry aapl

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন